Achieving Greatness with Facebook Ads
Facebook ads are a great way to get your content in front of a targetted audience, which makes them hugely effective if you are trying to build up a brand on Facebook. In 2020, Facebook users clicked on an average of 12 ads a month, but how do you make sure your ad stands out for all the right reasons?
In this blog, we cover how to set up/manage your ads, what type of content to share, how to track your ads, and we will finish with our rockstar tips!
Managing your Facebook Ads
- If you haven’t already, create an ad account via Business Manager
- Once this is set up head to Ads Manager
- Click on the ‘Ads’ tab and then ‘create’
- Here you can choose your campaign objective, name your campaign and choose the settings of your such as ad length, budget, and audience
- Once you have done this you can start creating your ad! Depending on the objective you’ve picked you can create different ad types such as video, picture, or carousel ads.
- Once you are happy with your ad you can set it live – make sure you preview it first and are happy with the budget
- You will be able to manage your ad and monitor the ad progress in the Ads Manager
What Should I Post?
You have the choice of an image, carousel, video, or collection ad. But what exactly should you be using as content for your Facebook ad?
Before you begin, really think about who you are targeting with your ad. Create an Audience Avatar, how old is your ideal customer? What are their interests/hobbies? What are their pain-points? Your ad either needs to be a solution to their pain points or should provide value to your customers in some way, whether that’s in the form of…
- Entertaining them
- Informing them e.g. an offer, a service
- Helping them e.g. a guide, software, workshop, blog, or tips
Whatever you choose to go with for your ad, just make sure you are using the right resolutions and ad sizes. Facebook has a great guide that can help you with this. If you post a video then remember you need to capture your audience’s attention in the first 3 seconds!
It’s not enough to just post 1 ad and expect it to get you amazing results. Make sure you monitor how the ad is doing via the Ads Manager. If an ad isn’t working, then pause it and change it up! Don’t expect to find the winning formula straight away. A/B test different ads, for example, you might have 2 ads that are very similar in messaging, except one is a video and one is a picture. Which ad does your audience respond to better? As well, if your aim is to send people to your website, make sure you pay attention to what users do after they click!
- You can upload an email database to Facebook to better target your audience
- Facebook prefer ads with minimal text
- Utilise a set budget every month, even if you start small e.g. £40
- Run similar ads with different variables